View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Deckard
issue 37

Re: Dutch on verge of getting most right wing government in the EU, in dutch history
Quote:
Originally Posted by human151
this clip shows what a UK muslim wants to happen in the UK.
No, it shows what an extremist UK Muslim wants to happen in the UK.

What you wrote is as misleading as quoting Pat Robertson and then saying "this clip shows what an American man wants to happen in the US." Yes technically it does - but it's disgustingly specious.

Hey look, here's an article that shows what a UK muslim thinks about what your extremist UK muslim wants to happen in the UK...

Please don't listen to Anjem Choudary

How many Muslims do you actually know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by human151
What do you think about what he says?
I think what he says is in a whole sphere to allowing people to merely dress, dance, eat, sing, etc how they want. And if you've been reading my other posts in this thread, you'll know exactly what I think about what Choudary has to say.

Choudary is far from representative of UK Muslims. Choudary probably isn't even representative of Egyptian Muslims or Turkish Muslims or Indonesian Muslims or Jordanian Muslims or even (gasp) French Muslims or Dutch Muslims. So why quote him? I don't for a second deny the problem of Islamic extremism. But why are you always conflating Muslims with extremist Muslims? You really are terrible for getting sucked into the propaganda of hate and division - propaganda that (from both sides) relies for its effectiveness on people with a weakness for succumbing to tribal prejudices like this.

Anjem Choudary insists on a clash of civilizations.
The English Defence League insist on a clash of civilizations.
Coincidence?

The rest of us - the majority of decent Muslims and non-Muslims who are living alongside each other quite happily with liberalism, secularism and democracy - just wish extremist Muslims like Choudary and extremist anti-Muslim groups like the EDL would go get an island together and have their gddamned clash of civilizations til their hearts' content, leaving the rest of us in peace. Seriously, we can get along just fine. I wish the simple-minded tribal-headed idiots on BOTH sides would just bugger off.

Last edited by Deckard; 02-14-2011 at 04:51 PM.