View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

Re: Apple + Underworld
As there are two great, separate pieces of news here, I'll respond to them separately:

1. A new Underworld app? And a new Underworld song?
Though it may not be on the new album, this is great news. Since it's being written for a drum-synthesizing app, I'd assume it's a pretty high-energy song, which is also great. A lot of their newer songs are very moody and it's been a while since they've made a really good, pounding club track. I wonder if it'll be another Loads of Birds (in treatment, not style) and get released as a bonus track on UW6?

2. 0_0...
W-o-w.
I have never been so happy that California time is 3 hours earlier than EST. I'll be returning from a camping trip on the 7th and it's a 13-hour car ride home, so it'd be hard to view it any time sooner that 11 P.M. Plus, it'll be like a late movie night for all the East Coast fans. I promise that, if the circumstances work out, I'll be recording the audio for the concert, so if they drop any mind-blowing new stuff and decide we can't download it for ourselves then at least we'll have audio (I'm not promising, however, that it won't be without skips. Wiretap is a sometimes unnervingly accurate recorder, and any delays in receiving the broadcast will be accounted for on the recording).
If any of you west-coast Dirts are lucky enough to be near the cameras, give the rest of us a shout-out. We'll be listening.