View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Caprice
pants

Re: How your knowledge of the guest producers affects your Barking experience
Quote:
Originally Posted by monochrome View Post
So, here's what I'm thinking: those of you who know the work of these guest producers, I suspect you are a lot more critical of what they did to Underworld's songs. And, those of you like me, who can't really tell what the guests have each specifically contributed, are enjoying the album more.

Is this totally nonsense, or do some of you agree? And if it is true, what does this say about the Barking's target audience?

I don't know if Underworld ever has a target audience. I'd think not because it's some of the most honest music you'll ever hear.
I was familiar with High Contrast with True Colours and Paul Van Dyk through several of his albums (my fav probably Out There And Back).
Hmm, when I heard Scribble if I hadn't already known High Contrast contributed on that one, I would have guessed him but I would not have been sure.
But when I did hear Diamond Jigsaw I was like, "Yep, this is it, this is PvD." His style is so noticeable/trademarked even.

did I answer your question? truthfully when artists collaborate I love it, I think the end result will always be good.