View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 10:00 AM
starfox203
mouseman

Why so much dislike for Beaucoup Fish?
This was the album that I first discovered Underworld, when Cups was featured on a random music collection.

Seriously though, Cups is an incredible song that has so many ups and downs and directions, it could almost be an album in itself. Then there's the sheer awesomeness of King of Snake and Jumbo, not to mention Bruce Lee - a non-traditional rock song that screams to be played so loud. Bruce Lee is way ahead of it's time anticipating the video-game punk rock of the late 2000's.

Push Upstairs is the single and it very catchy, but completely works. And Kittens and Moaner simply melt my brain. Moaner is one of the best album closers in history. A song so intense and amazing with an insane beat, structure and lyrics that I instantly feel hungover after it ends.

Winjer and Skym are much needed ambient breaks and perfectly placed in the sequence to give you a rest.

Push Downstairs is a nice diversion. Non-harmful but doesn't add anything.

The only song I don't like is Something Like A Mama, which I just removed and now doesn't impact the album at all.

The threequel of Dubno, Second Toughest and Beaucoup Fish is a run of subsequent albums that rank up there with The Beatles and Led Zeppelin.