View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 03:15 AM
Milking Your Plastic
Milking Your Plastic

Need for better UW clothing for fans at underworldlive.com store?
This thought came to mind after I saw a newspiece and photo (quite a while ago now) on the Underworld site on the topic of John Warwicker's daughter Poppy who designed a Underworld inspired top and dress as part of her final college project which was in the style of the Dubnobasswithmyheadman cover, which I thought looked really cool.

Now, to say that I was a little dissapointed when I saw the fan clothing in the underworldlive.com store would be a massive understatement.
Afterall, since UW have strong roots in the design world with their work with Tomato it seems logical that the clothing they offer to fans should also show some artistic flair. But instead it's just generic grey jumper with hoodie and underworld logo with semicolon. Not my cup of tea. Definitely done to save a buck.

I think the best design work UW have done was the cover work for Dubnobasswithmyheadman. I would like to see this type of artwork on a T-shirt and/or jumper. If they did this I would wear it all the time.

P.S As you might have picked up on I am not a big fan of how they use a semicolon in their logo, to me it seems a little prentenious.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Milking Your Plastic; 06-03-2012 at 03:29 AM.