View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 03:05 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

Re: Radiohead TKOL Remixes
I opted out on the remixes when I figured out what I'd be paying for remixes I was unfamiliar with. I don't mind taking my chances when it comes to, oh, let's say Underworld. It's almost guaranteed I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm a huge Radiohead fan - but as for remixes... I have never been impressed with much in way of remixes for their tracks, although, I did have high hopes with these. Given the more electronic nature of the TKOL - I figured they had to be somewhat decent. Still, I refrained, and I'm glad I did.

Fortunately for me all the remixes are available on Spotify and I was able to listen to them in HQ. Really, the only remixes I liked were the SBTRKT RMX of Lotus Flower and the Jacques Greene RMX of Lotus Flower. As for the rest... they weren't bad, they just weren't great. They were fine for background music - and I even double played a few of them and they just weren't very memorable...

I did get the Newspaper release - because I wanted the double 10" clear vinyl. It's pretty cool - but as for the rest of packaging and newspaper, etc... it wasn't worth the price...

I highly doubt Radiohead are in need of money to overprice everything - I just think that they've made some poor choices as to who it is that's organizing these releases.

...and Joe - it's true - if you're buying the WAV's etc... in advance, they SHOULD throw in an extra track, especially if they're going to release it all on CD anyway.