View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Leon
bungalow

Re: YEESSSS!!!!!!!! - Tales of Monkey Island
The Curse of Monkey Island is probably my favorite game ever. Everytime I have a discussion about games with friends, I always reminisce about it. I'm quite happy they use its style and voices for the remake. I hope it doesn't dissapoint though, it might just not turn out the way you'd want it to.

About the new Monkey Island: I'm thrilled there's going to be a new one. The only thing is: I got the new Sam & Max series as well, or at least the first 2 episodes, and it just couldn't excite me much. The graphics look nice but I had the feeling it misses some of the vibes most old skool adventure games have. Of course I shouldn't compare it to old adventure games, because part of their attraction is nostalgia, but if I remember well, I didn't enjoy the humor in the episodes as much either. I think I even found some characters a bit annoying. I hope this is not going to be the case with the new Monkey Island.
Anyway, maybe I should retry the new Sam & Max, it's been quite a while since I've played it.