View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 01:17 AM
Badger
pants

REQUEST: Hunting for UW Live Temptation Alexandra Palace NYE 1998 source recordings
I want to make a request here:

The live show from Alexandra Palace NYE 1998 is still my fav Underworld gig I have ever been to and I loved that Radio One played the whole set over two different nights but they did jumble up the play order a bit and there was also some talking over a couple of tracks.

Now I know that Jamie put together a good compilation of the tracks in the right order which is up on the RTSR tracker and I provided one of the sources for that but I have just got hold of two new DAB sources of a few tracks and there were a couple of errors in the torrent on RTSR (there is a missed bar near end of Mmm...Skyscraper, I Love You and the version of King Of Snake - used from a Swedish radio broadcast torrent - is missing about a minute edited out of the middle of the breakdown by the radio station for some unknown reason) so I was thinking of trying to put a new upgraded version together.

Now my request here is to try and source the original versions of this show that were used on the Bootleg Babies project.

Does anyone have info on how to get hold of this source? Whoever provided these for the Bootleg Babies project - they were from a very clean and great sounding source.

So - DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE SOURCE WAS FOR THE ALEXANDRA PALACE SHOW THAT WAS USED FOR BOOTLEG BABIES? And would it be possible to get hold of it?

If I were able to get hold of this source then I would be able to put together a great sounding complete show.

Plus if there is anyone else out there who has good quality sources of this show from the original BBC Radio 1 broadcasts or the Swedish national radio (SR) on 14th of April 1999 then please send me a message on here or PM.

Plus also if anyone from the original Bootleg Babies project (Geoff (especially him), Yannick, -1, jason, phil, scott, adam, mike, joe t, kameron, dave, mark, michael, dean, scott, andrew, mike, the members of rtsr-trade, graham, chris beck.) could get hold of me and let me know about the NYE 98 sources even if that means telling me that the sources are not available then at least I can stop wondering where they came from as it has been a question burning at me for years.

PS - moderators please could you delete my original post.