View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 03:18 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: New Chemical Brothers album announced
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post

I almost completely stopped listening to them b/c of "We are the Night" - but then when I heard that "Further" was more like their 'Electronic Battle Weapons' it definitely piqued my interest.
You and me both! I loved, I mean loooovved the Chems up through Come With Us, but felt the diminishing returns. And while Push The Button has a few fine tracks (Believe, Hold Tight London, Come Inside, Surface to Air), We Are the Night was a slog to get through (I only like We Are the Night, and parts of Burst Generator and Saturate. The rest is stale, or genre bending in the worst way towards indie cred without substance. Plus, The Salmon Dance is the most embarrassing piece of electronic music since the Sesame Street gang tried to learn to breakdance in the 80's).

But then, here comes Further (and to an extent, the Hanna soundtrack) restored my faith! Just make loud, interesting electro without all the collabs and forced efforts to be cool/ different. Hanna made me want to dance/ hide under the bed at the same time. Further made me want to see what they visualized while creating. Thanks for the visuals for each track.
That said, BITE is a step backwards, but still better than WATN and PTB, imho.

But like I said above.. enjoy whatever you want! I'm glad the Brothers are still going strong and trying to be diverse.

Last edited by holden; 11-24-2018 at 03:41 PM.