View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 03:53 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: Determine Your Favorite Underworld Album - With SCIENCE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman View Post
YOWZAH
good to see another River of Bass fan though.

i want more numbers so fringe patterns can come up and we can have, like, factions.
yea - I just think "River of Bass" is just a perfect closer (...except, well - it's the penultimate track on the album). That song, and "Tongue" don't get enough praise.

"Air Towel" is good, but it goes on a bit too long, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was something started around the time of Dubno, but not finished until STITI

As far as "Faxed Invitation" I don't know... it's not a terrible song, but I feel like... it'd almost be better if all of the sounds that are in the foreground were switched with the background stuff (and vice-versa)

Now... "If Rah" ... To me, it sounds like someone doing a parody / soundalike to Underworld... like the lyrics remind me of when I'd play UW in my car, and my older sister would improvise her own lyrics to songs about what she'd see out the window (think: "Red hydrant Red hydrant, there's a car, and a dog" etc). It's also about 2 minutes too long, and is a bit monotonous. It's absolutely on my 'least favorite list'