Thread: making a resume
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 09:18 PM
gambit
magic city writer

Re: making a resume
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kein
A cover letter I copied this from some resume writer software I have. Hope it helps.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 1, 2004

Glen Coleman
81559 Polaris Street
Worcester, MA 02375

Dear Mr. Coleman:

As a/an _______________, with experience in _______________, I feel my background may be of interest to you. My qualifications include:

· ___________________________

I have always had an interest in _______________, and believe that this enthusiasm shows in my work. I respond well to a challenge and enjoy the opportunity to enjoy the rewards of hard work and dedication.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future to schedule an interview at your convenience. I hope to learn more about your company's plans and goals, and how I can contribute to its success.

Sincerely,
Drew Sterling
More or less right. Be sure to add just your contact information above the date (which may or may not even need to be there) and leave three spaces in between "Sincerely," and your name so you can write your signature in between the two. And it's a good idea to add a sentence saying, "You can contact me at such-and-such to arrange a meeting at the best time for you," as the penultimate sentence.