View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 05:05 PM
change
weekend blues

Send a message via ICQ to change Send a message via AIM to change Send a message via MSN to change Send a message via Yahoo to change
Re: Guitarists on Dirty
Hey guys, just found this thread. Yeah, it has been cool to talk guitars with Karl lately. I used to live in St. Paul, MN and worked at a music store there and have never even heard of Pete's Guitars. Sounds like you have to be someone to know about it. Anyway I had:

Taylor 12-string Acoustic: beautiful, but i didn't play it much so i sold it to a co-worker who played folk music. I bet she made nicer sounds with it.

Epiphone Les Paul lookalike: Only because my dad said he would buy me a Les Paul if we ever found one for $200. It wasn't that great, just kinda fun for a different sound.

Crate full stack, which came in handy when I was in a metal band and we needed the make the floor shake. I sold both the Epi and stack at the music store.

Now I play a black Fender Strat (Mexican) and a Fender Princeton Chorus. For as little as i play they get the job done. I actually just hooked them up for the first time in years last week. Thanks, Karl. The strat has a hip-shot so i can quickly switch from drop-d to standard tuning. Used to use that lot in the band. I haven't really changed the hardware, but I bought some black accents against the white pickguard to make it look nicer.

My favorite pedals are the Boss DD5 Digital Delay, Boss CH1 Super Chorus, and Boss BF-2 Flanger and the Danelectro Fabtone. (in that order)

I also have a loverly Seagull dreadnaught acoustic. Solid cedar top. I really like the way that sounds. Not bad for a Canadian guitar!