View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

Re: myrrh bait
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Quite.

Tbh I think much of it is coming from this "sex is sin" meme that dominates primitive cultures. The old sexual desire=>guilt=>self-disgust thing. Not that that's a green card for promiscuity, 24/7 nudity and sex with animals (where IS jOHN today?) but it's an unhealthy extreme all the same.
its funny that your thought process went from sex with animals to jOHN.

how are you using the word primitive? i just started thinking of the trobriand islanders who are apparently quite frisky. Then there's the victorian era....

i'm thinking that the sex is sin thing pops in and out of western culture. One minute we're at woodstock, the next we're taking a turn about the garden pinky locked with Mr. Darcy. One minute we're wearing white doilies, black robes and sober hats, the next we're watching Mrs. Loveit perform in the country wife.

Anyway, my shocking assertion is that this flogging, like several other judeo-christian rituals, are an actual sex act. One that is intended without admission, to titilate (god I love that word).

- Mark Twain

Last edited by Strangelet; 04-09-2009 at 05:03 PM.