View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 06:53 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: 2016-08-20 Summer Sonic Tokyo
OK, so you guys all got the same size on the video, which is also the same size that I see if I fetch it now. It runs at about 2200 Kbps. However, when I downloaded it last night, shortly after the premiere concluded, I got a video stream with a 3000 Kbps bitrate, about 40% higher. I'll have to do some comparisons and see if that translates into actual better video quality.

For the audio side, everyone had the same 128 Kbps soundtrack, except yours, Mark. Yours had a 256 Kbps audio track for some reason. What did you use to download from YouTube? As far as I'm aware, YouTube only offers 128 Kbps max, so I'm wondering if yours got re-encoded. If not, I'd be really interested in how to get 256 Kbps audio.

Miles, I deleted your torrent because you mislabeled it with the wrong date and city, and also because I noticed (before I did all these comparisons) that it was much smaller than my copy. So we'll figure out what's the best quality for audio and video and get something definitive posted.