View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 12:26 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Premium Tequila, Diamond Jigsaw makes me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Proof View Post
Because the problem is, I wasn't inferring anything.
If you read carefully, you'll see that I never accused you of doing so. I said, whether you intended or not, the question that you asked is full of implication. I always said that "your statement" or "your question" is full of implication. I never said that YOU implied. I can see that you still don't understand that.

The thing that really set me off was when you were like "It's just a question. I didn't mean what you guys are inferring." You'll notice I didn't say anything until you said that. That, to me, smacked of the tactics that really bother me, like that Republican smear campaign where they try to pass it off as research questions. Also, ref. "glenn beck killed a girl in 1990." I'm honestly flabbergasted that you can't recognize how that question is loaded with implication.

Quote:
The problem arose when you started digging around, thinking that I had to have been up to something deceitful.
No, it didn't turn ugly until you responded to my post about the Republican smear campaign. To be fair, probably because it wasn't clear that I wasn't accusing of engaging in a smear campaign.

Quote:
I think that I handled the subject matter very gently without judgment, implication or painting Karl in a bad light.
No, I don't think you did. Handling it gently would have been something like this: "I know Karl's had alcohol troubles in the past, so I was surprised to hear the Tequila lyric in Diamond Jigsaw. Do you think he's been drinking again? Or is maybe just referencing experiences in the past?" The brevity of what you wrote came off as flippant. But again, I understand now that you can't recognize the difference, and that's part of what's causing the problem.