View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 10:21 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Re: Drift Ep. 2...wishes and predictions
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Great discussion and analyses. I wonder...is your favorite UW era that in which you became a fan? If so, how do you categorize what came before and after?

As example, I came in around Beacoup Fish, and admit it's still my favorite album. Exploring their back catalog, I think I preferred STITI to Dubno at first, back then. Moving forward, I preferred AHDO to OWB over Barking ( though River Run was amazing). Given the long break, BBWFASF feels like a reset.

Anyway, my point is we may like/dislike aspects of all their releases, but we probably judge them all against a favorite era.

Thankfully, like RiverRun, Drift seems to be totally breaking the mold, few ties to what was.
something about Beaucoup Fish will always be a fave because that was my intro (listening to push upstairs and bruce lee on loop at the Tower listening station because who... who has a 12 minute song wtf) but it is a very silly album.

I nabbed up the others and loaaaathed STITI. it was so boring, I was so bored, it was "difficult for no reason". a year later I'm 15, walking through the rainy woods, and I "got it". still my favorite album of theirs or anyone else's.

but man, EE... that brought so much together for me.

thanks for going along with my thread hijack guys