View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 06:17 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: Underworld to perform at Rijksmuseum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentaku View Post
Finally after all these years: the return of improv.

Just returned from an absolutely amazing night at the museum. The sound was awful, but what would you expect from a 19th century passage. Some ppl thought it was a drinking night out (that's what you get when you do tickets this way), and Heineken really should rethink handing out bottled beer, because at the time Nuxx hit, we were kneedeep in'm.
But what an absolute killer of a set and brilliant lightshow. Enjoyed the lot, and great that the finally played some Barking stuff again, although highly tweaked. Bummer that the stream is mono, because this set is definitely the new Everything, Everything.
Yeah I hear ya there. The organisation of the event was disastrous. Still 500 people waiting to get in at 8pm (when they said the doors would close), two different VIP/guest list entrances at either sides of the building. Overzealous security being heavy handed. Ful security grope on entering. Knee deep in heineken bottles and boy was it expensive if you wanted one. Also it was packed at the front. No room to dance. People talking ALL the time. Not many dancing. Loads of people smoking.

Having said all that, I was near the front speakers and it sounded great. Great lighting and lasers also. Also Underworld's performance was spot on and they really looked into it. Props to Tom Ravenscroft for the warm up too. Pity I missed most of Rick's warm up set but we heard Blue Bowler again which was nice. Can't wait for that to get a release.