View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 09:23 AM
chrislaw
river

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Haha, I'm extremely grateful to my country (despite how I feel about the government) supporting me while I'm unable to work... let me just preface with that haha... But it was very tempting in my Universal Credit interview when they were asking what my "essentials" beyond food were... "Well, Underworld have put out this amazing box set and I really really want to read the PDF of the attending cover art"... One always dreams that the reaction will be like that one episode of Spaced where the officer takes pity on Tim because she, also, hated The Phantom Menace (ha, remember when THAT was the Star Wars that lit people's furies alight?) But yeah. Thank god for food banks, and for new underworld music. DRIFT is really it for me, that plus Tyler, the Creator's IGOR defines my musical 2019 (and probably a good way into 2020 for DRIFT given the huge amount of material)

Hoping this is successful to the level at which the lads want it to be, and that "Series 1" tantaliser gets justified... I'd be happy just DRIFTing from now until the end of time....