View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 07:10 AM
negative1

Re: collectors' corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
So, I picked up this Dinosaur Adventure 3D promo last week:

https://www.discogs.com/Underworld-D...release/126578

And I inadvertently discovered that there are a couple of unique edits on there.

First, really minor, but the Radio Edit is slightly longer in that the final cymbal hit at the end of the song plays to completion. It looks like on all other releases that there is a fast, early fade on the cymbal hit.

More significantly, this release has a different edit of Rick's Club Mix. Even though it's very similar in length, it's kind of like the difference between the two Peach Tree edits: elements are re-arranged and coming in and out at different times. I haven't finished a complete A-B comparison yet, but it first diverges at the 1:40 mark when the descending doot-doot-doot line comes in much earlier than it does on the retail version.

Based on the runtimes given on all the DA3D releases, I think this edit might be unique to this release. And this is just my gut feeling, but I think this might be an earlier edit, and the one on the retail releases is the final edit. It just seems like the edit choices and sound are more refined on the retail version, the way we know Rick likes to iterate the songs.
wonder if thats on the australian promo cd single.
or any of the vinyl promos.

later