View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 12:37 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Road Trip or what?!!!111ONES! Part 1.
Phew!

Day 1. Tilburg 10/11/05

After much shenanigans finding the hotel, we arrive to find Karl and Darren in reception, chatting to some guys! They are on their way out to a meeting, but they take the time to stop and talk to us for a good 5-10 mins. or so, about the new sounds, underworldlive.com, the tour, the upcoming Electraglide cd... what an amazing start to an amazing weekend.

That evening we all met up in a bar that played terrible music, but we were so pleased to be together we hardly noticed. The gig itself was great (don't ask me for setlists - I really can't remember what was played on what night). Three hours of awesomeness, but all of us too tired for an afterparty that night.

Day 2. - Luxemburg 11/11/05

Meet Stimps in Tilburg, drive down to pick Geo up, then the long road to Luxemburg (which would have been shorter had be not missed a turning on the motorway - Belgian sign-posts... pffff! ). Eventually find the city and our hotel, Lloyd and Jason waiting for us. Pre-gig drink in the Elevator, a little bar/club next door to the venue.

The gig was the best I have ever been to in my life. Small venue, amazing to be so close to the stage, seeing every expression on the guys' faces as they played a fantastic set. Met up with A Lot of Poissons and Goatsucker too. The ambiance was fabulous, aside from one or two extremely drunk guys getting annoying with their moshing, but that got sorted. Oh, and the nazi security guard who tried to stop you taking too many photos!

And lager, lager, lager! Luxembourgeois beer that was absolute gut-rot, as some of us discovered in the wee small hours.

The guys so close they were able to shake hands with lots of people in the crowd at the end, which was lovely too.

The afterparty in Elevator was also awesome, with a really good DJ (see above) and a fantastic atmosphere (although a smidge too heavy on the smoke machine *cough splutter wheeze*). The driving had knackered me, but I was able to find somewhere to sit and dance in my chair towards the end of the night.

Last edited by BeautifulBurnout; 11-16-2005 at 07:04 AM.