View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 01:16 AM
Badger
pants

Re: REQUEST: Hunting for UW Live Temptation Alexandra Palace NYE 1998 source recordin
New Order did play that night on NYE but they were a bit ropey, Bernard's voice was a little hit and miss plus they played through midnight didn't know it had happened, we could all hear Sasha (I think) (EDIT UPDATE it was actually Judge Jules playing at midnight via ISDN) in the other room going off and new year seen in properly and then after the track New Order were playing finished (a couple of minutes after midnight) some roadie ran on and whispered in Bernard's ear that it had gone midnight, Bernard said "Happy New Year" without much conviction then carried on into the next song...most anti-climatic news years I've had when out.

But then Underworld came on and played my favourite set that I'd ever seen just for the amazing versions of everything and the atmosphere after New Order's wet squib of a set.

This is why I'm trying to put together a new upgraded version of the night and thanks to Mike now it will be an even more complete show. Will just hang on for a little while longer to see if we can find anymore sources for the Radio 1 broadcasts.

And when Karl said that quote "Hey look, i'm using autocue" when he was singing Moaner I thought that was just a remix of Moaner until we heard King Of Snake (Bungalow). Unique having the two of them combined that night.

Last edited by Badger; 01-26-2016 at 02:02 AM. Reason: correction