View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 02:41 PM
tonyb
TonyB

Re: Freur - Alabaster White Thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Tony is an old time rtsr-er, and all round nice guy, who lives in Toronto (but im pretty sure he is from the UK) - he injected the group with tonnes of Freur and Mk1 stuff...
That would be me ) How are you all doing?

This thread SO caught my eye ...

Yes, much of the Freur and UW Mk1 stuff came from my collection. I was hunting high and low in the pre-Internet days for material. I ran wanted adds in Record Collector for months, and (briefly) had a small newsletter I put out for the band, based on info they would give me, including b+w photocopies of any printed material I was able to accumulate. Rick and Karl would pass my mailing address onto people who wanted to stay in touch. We are talking around 1989-1992 here. Along the way I made a few key contacts who were avid collectors and we'd trade cassette tapes ... think "stone age RTSR"! Sooo much easier in the digital age.I moved from the UK to Toronto in the early nineties - just after DubNo, and promptly lost touch with R+K before they went stratospheric (though I did catch up with them at a Torornto gig about 10 years later).

AWT was included on the same tape that included the Transmutations soundtrack stuff, which includes songs I had heard them play live as Freur (Theme From The Underworld for example, which is also a video clip sitting on VHS somewhere), so I am positive its them.

Regards to all
Tony