View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 01:48 AM
whatmakesustick

Re: London Chapel - Live recap
I was there and yes - dirty epic, Doot Doot and 8 ball in that order! I caught a bit of Doot Doot on my camera phone knowing that I would never see it again!

He said that they played Doot Doot in Berlin last weekend and that they were playing it tonight for the last time for a long time!

I have to say the gig was excellent - the new stuff came across great. I thought Shadow Boy and Slummin it for the Weekend were particular highlights from the new stuff. Obviously the re-worked Underworld stuff sounded fantastic - Strumpet really got the crowd going and managed to get 5/6 people standing and dancing (slightly surreal seeing the subdued techno dancing in the church in between the pews!). Between Stars was dedicated to Darren and 8 Ball to Rick - he said they had always wanted to play it live.

Was nice to see Karl interact with the crowd - obviously the music/venue allowed for it a lot more that the normal Underworld setting.

I thought it was interesting when he said here is a new track you probably won't have heard (Out of Darkness) - made me think of the numerous conversations on this forum about how annoying the Japanese bonus tracks are!

The Union was absolutely packed with a very eclectic set of people. No merch to speak of other than signed copies of the record/CD.

Last edited by whatmakesustick; 04-26-2013 at 01:53 AM.