View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 09:59 PM
aaron5000
mouseman

Re: Underworld @ Hollywood Bowl
AMAZING!

I took my camera in, and security allowed it, but when I took a couple of pictures before underworld came on some publicist came up to me and asked who I was shooting for. I said that I was shooting for myself as a fan, and the she said I couldn't do that. I said that I would put it away and headed back to my seat. She chased me up the stairs and said I couldn't even have it with me. I laughed at her, and she said I had to talk to some other guy. This guy told me I had to check my camera, and I said no. He said I wasn't allowed to keep it, and I told him that security checked my bag and let it through. Then he said the funniest thing to me, "well they don't really know the rules here." Security doesn't know the rules. That's good stuff.

Ok on to the real stuff. The show was utterly amazing, but I can see why people haven't been enjoying Oakenfold. He has no energy in his show. He kinda just stands there, turns away from the table and sits back. He occasionally points to the crowd, and then looks at his records again. Carmen Rizzo was awesome though. But I think the real reason there is such a difference in the shows is that Underworld adds energy as a band, but they do it by becoming part of the crowd as well. They are playful (as we've all seen before), and they never take a moment to breathe. I swear I've never smiled so much from watching a show, and I've seen hundreds of bands. Truly a magnificent show.