View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 02:21 PM
human151
deletion

Re: Dutch on verge of getting most right wing government in the EU, in dutch history
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/24/mu...aleki-accused/

the above link is an "honor killing" this time, in Airizona. Quoting the article "Faleh Almaleki, who had moved the family from Iraq to Arizona, apparently felt his 20-year-old daughter had become too Westernized". WHy would you move the the "west" and not expect your young daughter to adapt. How many instances like this do we not hear about? How many which stop short of killing are never reported? There is a pattern here. Many muslims (not all) do not want to "westernize". Is this what we should expect of our immigrants, both in Europe and the U.S.? Apparently, Deckard et al, you believe they don't need to adapt while many do, probably the majority. THats the heart of the issue here.

saying everyone needs to have freedoms to do what ever they want, within the law. is one thing. Outside cultural forces changing the indigenous culture is another, and there should be a distinction.

I am not saying that all muslim people are bad, but I am going to assume that the majority of Muslims are very religious and their religion dictates their lifestyle. How can a devout muslim still practice their religion, which is their right, and still assimilate to the larger culture? Answer is, that they can't, in many cases. WHich is where extremism come into play, in my opinion. Not all muslims are extremist, but there is enough, even if its only 10%, that is still millions of muslims who have extreme views. Of those millions who do hold these extreme views, not all are violent, but enough are.

http://www.wordsandwar.com/2008/01/2...kill-infidels/

How many muslims feel the same way as the man from the above link? How many muslims in Europe feel this way? I would say that enough do, which is a huge problem.

"Jihad against non-Muslims seemed to me to be a win-win situation. The following verse, commonly cited by Jamaah members, validated my duty to die for Allah: “Allah has purchased the believers, their lives and their goods. For them [in return] is the garden [of paradise]. They fight in Allah’s cause, and they slay and are slain; they kill and are killed… it [paradise] is the promise of Allah to them” (Koran 9:111)."

“O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends: They are but friends to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them [for friendship] is of them [an infidel]. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust” (Koran 5:51)."

WHich other religion actually commands people not to accept certain people as their friends and kill for the cause?

now you may know some muslim people that do not adhere to this, but how many Muslims are devout and do believe in this and most everything else in the Koran? Is it okay to have people who believe in this stuff and acting in the muslim lifestyle, many of whom refuse to try to adapt to thier new country, living in Europe? I would say the European liberal cultures and Islam are incompatible.

Now I dont go to the site quoted above, I just google it. I dont know if thier right wing or anything. I am not right wing (in before accusations ;-)).

Last edited by human151; 01-24-2011 at 04:43 PM.