View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 12:08 AM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

Re: Dutch on verge of getting most right wing government in the EU, in dutch history
Quote:
Originally Posted by human151 View Post
The US is known for racism against hispanics? Are you fucking kidding me?

THe main problem with the muslims in france is that they don't want to be French. If you're going to move to a new country atleast respect the culture of the country your moving to. Immigrants usually immigrate somewhere for a better life, and with hard work they usually get a better life. The least they could do is try to adapt, just a little, to the new coutries' culture. But a very large percentage of muslims choose to live as if they're still in a muslim country. I went to London recently and say many muslim women walking around with the black costume all over their body and face. Even if you disagree with me, you must admit this is disrespectful to the established culture. There are even so called "no go zones".

"Islamic extremists have created "no-go" areas across Britain where it is too dangerous for non-Muslims to enter, one of the Church of England's most senior bishops warns"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...n-Muslims.html

Things like this is very respectful to a country which has allowed people from another culture to immigrate there.

you see, i don't know what the big deal is here. in the united states we have ethnic neighbourhoods all over the place— this is exactly what i'm talking about. you want them to stop being muslim because they've entered your country. i can understand wanting them to learn the french language so they can communicate and to do basic things like that, but to make them disavow their religion and culture is entirely unreasonable.

let's put it this way: i'm jewish and i have to keep kosher to a degree— this isn't forced upon me, it's a choice, but in most places like denny's or whatnot, i can get by by getting food i can be reasonably sure doesn't have non kosher food in it— eggs, bagels, fish, etc. however, in chinese restaurants it is a totally different thing, even here in the US because they use oyster sauce, clam sauce, pork and shrimp in everything. over in china it is even worse for someone trying to keep kosher— they eat rats, snakes, horse, dog, etc.

what if i was to move to an asian country? i would probably want to live in a jewish or american neighbourhood where i could be assured i was getting food that was okay for me to eat. so am i being "rude" to the country i am moving to? no, i am not going to drop my personal beliefs just because i move to a country. in addition, jews more observant than i am keep the sabbath, wherein they can't drive and must walk to the synagogue— making it a necessity to live together in a tight knit area. in the same way, muslims have halal restrictions and probably many other more observances like wearing a burkha. has it ever dawned on you that perhaps the reason they stay close together is because they are afraid of people discriminating against them because they choose to wear a burkha?

it's not just jews— here in the US, we have black neighbourhoods where it's "not safe to go for white people" (i'm not talking about high-crime areas), but you find that if you go to those places, the people aren't rude to you and they won't hurt you— there just happens to be a lot of black people who live in that area because they have a culture they like to celebrate together, rather than segregate from each other and lose their identity. it's just that some white people don't like that, or it bothers them, so they choose not to go there. but not in decades has anyone tried to limit the black people from living in the manner they choose to live in the united states— together, because that would be illegal and violating their rights.

let's turn this around, frenchy. you live in a neighbourhood where a lot of french people live. a ton of muslims move in and establish a mosque in the area, halal food restaurants, etc. to get your snails and whatnot, you decide to congregate together in a small section of town you like to call the "french quarter". the muslims then gang up on you and say things like "French extremists have created "no-go" areas across France where it is too dangerous for Muslims to enter", and "The least they could do is try to adapt, just a little, to our neighborhood's culture, such as eating halal and covering their heads. But a very large percentage of French choose to live as if they're still in a French neighbourhood".

how in the heck is this not racism?

Last edited by bryantm3; 01-22-2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: foul language that i am sorry i used.