View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 04:56 AM
markreed
mouseman

Re: REQUEST: Hunting for UW Live Temptation Alexandra Palace NYE 1998 source recordin
Hi Mike

New Order and Underworld played both nights. Chemical Brothers also played the side room at Ally Pally in London around 3am.

I was at both Manchester and London.

Manchester New Order were around 11-12.30, UW around 1.00-3.00 in Manchester

London New Order were 10.45-12.15, UW around 12.45-2.30, Chems around 3.00-5.00? in London

I was a little fucked at the end of those, though seeing the photos brings it back. On NYE New Order started late and had some tech problems, it was intended that “Temptation” would end around 11.58, countdown to midnight, then a big encore of Blue Monday/Fine Time as first songs of 1999. In the end “Temptation” hadn't finished at midnight.

I'd love to get a recording of the Manchester show

I'll see if I can FLAC the CDR, but as I remember, this was in the days of 1GB hard drives, so I probably ripped the tape to MP3. Can't remember now 17 years later. Don't be surprised if its an MP3 source. If you still want it, I'll see if I can find it though it's probably no different from any core source you already have.

Photos are from Manchester, I think. There's a shot of Manchester crowd at the end of “Born Slippy” on everythingeverything DVD – it's the circular hockey bowl type area.

(There's also an indoor shot of Wolves at the end of Born Slippy on EE).