Thread: Taxing the rich
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

Re: Taxing the rich
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...sters-20111012

Yeah so there probably isn't one silver bullet with a republican's name on it. But there are things that can be done. Matt Taibbi, the guy I'd sleep with if I were gay, has a few options to suggest as well.

I really grow weary of partisan politics.

I think its important to bear in mind that most people's experiences of both movements (tea party and OWS) come from the media, whose interests are best served via charicature and sensationalism, which works well for the establishment, because they can reduce the tea party to a bunch of racist conspiracy nuts and all the democrats go yeah yeah yeah! just as easily as they can reduce OWS to a bunch of anarcist hippies who's vocational talents lie in skipping showers. And all the republicans go yeah! yeah! yeah!

At the end of the day, constittutional government is a pretty fucking good idea. So is not decimating the middle class. Which is why both movements don't deserve being brought down to their lowest common denominator.

- Mark Twain