View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 11:46 AM
iamneorev
pants

Re: Karl Hyde - Reddit AMA: Sept. 18, 9am PST / 5PM BST
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReactorReactorReactor View Post
I would gladly eat only lentils and rice for however long it takes to save for paying for all the live recordings. I have a bunch of old MP3s named only "European Club Gig", parts 1-18, that I found in Napster. Listening to those tracks was a magical experience. I can only imagine what their other live recordings are like, especially the early stuff.
I'm with you there, buddy! Especially Dubnobass, STITI, BF era, I'd buy em all up. Any periods where they really improv and jam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Anything unique from the past would of course be welcome. But I think UW's live shows have been well documented (I certainly have taken advantage of the ftp and torrent sites over the year and have dozens of gigs 1994-present). Sure, maybe a holy grail yet to be discovered, a rare improv or unreleased track or an album cut that got played out once. Let's hope! But my guess is that missing STITI shows, BF shows, AHDO shows and pre-Barking shows are very similar to what we already have.Indeed, some wonderful surprises and improvs circa 2005-2010, but thereafter, ehh? Pretty similar. Karl acknowledged this...
True, but pro-recorded in lossless from the boys? Me wants! I would love Fuji Rock 99 in lossless as the really low bitrate shows on that one. We got some good recordings, but all low bitrate or taped off FM recorded in "lossless," but not really lossless. Direct lossless recordings would sound loads better. Hell, I'd pay to have the good shows we do have upgraded.