View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 02:19 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Re: Thoughts on Barking (Track by Track)
I know there will be people who won't like this album, but fuck it.. i love it, its the best UW album since Dubno. 8.5/10 at least, i can't stop playing it, unlike OWB, which i have played a coupel of tracks and thats it...

having been a fan since before Dubno was released, i think i have the right to decide whether this is a valid uw relase or not...and as the No.1superfan of old i'm giving my opinion...

with the exception of Hamburg Hotel which sounds like a B-side, and is pretty vocaless, and Louisiana which should have been on some moody soundtrack, this album flows lovely, (that said - Louisiana is a beautiful track - it just doesn't fit here imo)

its full of great songs, with verses and choruses, which of the like UW have not really done since before dubno...

i love Karl's voice and he is a nice vocalist - so let the man sing... those of you who like the banging techno shit - avoid this album IT IS NOT FOR YOU - move along

anyways, people are gonna disagree but this album rocks... from Bird 1, ALAF, DJ, Between Stars, Grace - its all good...

Diamond Jigsaw could have done with the synths but its still a great little tune

i can see why this will not appease everyone.... but hey they boys sound like they're in a good place - let them stay there i say...

moody soundsacpes are soooo 90's...

Barking, Cracking more like!

Last edited by big screen satellite; 09-02-2010 at 02:46 AM.