Thread: Taxing the rich
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

Re: Taxing the rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
How can there be people who think of themselves as republicans while also being middle-income, poor or unemployed? How is it even possible that there are people who are not rich, yet still believe that it’s in their best interest to vote for the republicans who clearly have only the protection of the rich as their goal? It reminds me of that line about the greatest thing the devil ever did was to convince you that he wasn’t real… Well, the greatest thing the republicans ever did was to convince 14% of the american population that protecting the rights of the rich was somehow good for poor and middle-income people. The reason I say 14% is that one-third*of eligible voters (33%) actually vote and one half of them (16% or so) vote republican. Take out the top earning 2% and you’re left with 14% of the population that have been brainwashed into protecting rich people contrary to their own self interest. It’s like these people are saying to themselves, “Maybe I’ll be rich someday so I’m not going to vote for things that are against the interests of other rich people.”
That's why Chris Hedges has said Las Vegas is the most honest city in America.

- Mark Twain