Thread: if UW toured...
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 11:19 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Re: if UW toured...
i don't wanna beat down on anyone...

but this kind of thread is always gonna just get people saying that they want UW to play in the town that's closest to them... you might as well read everyone's location and assume that's where we'd like UW to play...

ideally i'd like UW to play the UK again, and i mean a proper tour, travelling to a one off festival in the middle of the countryside to see them last year wasn't the best, but the only real option i had...

yeah if i had a request they could play Brighton, we have the venues here, but travelling 50 miles north is no biggy for me, unlike those of you in the middle States who have to travel miles just to get near them....

but seriously, as has been pointed out already, they are spreading themselves about, and in reality a full blown tour is expensive, the kinda gigs they are doing at the moment are still 'festival' type gigs... its not what i'd class as a tour, just a bunch of dates, often supported by other big artists...

A full blown tour of say, the US, where i don't believe their support is as strong as it used to be and as strong as other genres around now, would perhaps be hard to maintain at the present moment in time...

i think we might have to wait until at least the arrival of the next studio album before we have what we can call a tour, and i think the usual suspects will get to see them, (a couple of dates in the UK, Japan, Aus, Europe, and perhaps the North Americas)

but feel free to carry on posting suggestions here, who knows, the fact that two people out of a population of 270m say come to my town in the US might persuade them to visit... im sure they are taking notes