View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 02:10 PM
amhilde
mouseman

2015-05-31 Berlin Festival
Anyone else out there go to this show?

I made it for my birthday (as threatened after that Hammersmith show) and what a gift! Straight to the front in a pretty good crowd, right in front of Karl, everyone around me dancing away and focused on the band. Karl was UP for it - I can't imagine how he did Barcelona and this show back to back with the amount of energy he had. At one point he stumbled backwards over some piece of stage equipment and managed to save it, claiming they hadn't slept in two days. There was some filming going on, not sure if that was part of the driver for the more involved experience, but this was more what I was thinking was going to happen at the show in March!

Darren was definitely looking more relaxed and he and Karl looked very comfortable and best matey together. A few slips - Darren hit the wrong key for the wrong song in the middle of another, and I think Karl forgot a line one place. No Rick... again. Not sure if he was back at the desk, but I didn't notice him there before the show. Probably same show as Barcelona, included Spikee and Two Months Off and Push Upstairs. They also played a bit over their allotted time and seemed to cut Born Slippy short.

All in all a LOT better show for me and I really enjoyed it. A nice little festival, we caught some of Carl Craig before and Kelala, which, considering I am not a huge grime fan, was a revelation. En route to the airport the next day we ran into some younger German gals with the wristband and asked how they enjoyed the festival. We mentioned we had come out primarily for Underworld and they had no idea who we meant. "Do you know the Underworld?" one said to the other, who then shook her head. Ah the younger generation - cmon kids!