View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 04:47 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
I believe that if you excise all the existing (conflicting) Drift tracks from your iTunes library (but keep the files or retrieve them from the Trash), then you should be able to download Series 1 in full. And then add back in the files that you purged earlier.

Alternatively, you could download Series 1 in full on a new iTunes library, either on a new computer, in a new VM, or new library instance. Then, copy the files, and import them into your main iTunes Library.
I deleted all my drift files and they still showed as "purchased" in the iTunes store and I couldn't redownload them. It's weird though because they are different tracks as the full drift series 1 tracks are mastered differently from the eps as they are all quieter than the ep versions. I logged into my wife's iTunes account and bought and downloaded the tracks and copied them in to my library but then felt a bit cheated that for about 8 tracks I'd effectively paid for them 3 times (including the mixed versions on the sampler) so decided to get my money refunded, although for some they gave me credit notes!