View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 02:38 AM
4thDrawerDown
river

Re: Leipzig Warehouse Jam 050715
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Yeah, I've been archiving these inter-Drift jams/throwbacks as "World of Underworld". Assume they are just to tide over the diehards between new Drift tracks. Still, very glad to hear them.

Is there a chance that, by digging through the old live improvs, R&K would become inspired to return to improving in the current shows? One can hope. But given the wealth of new material, especially certified bangers like "Listen to their No" and "Border Country", maybe this is what we get for revitalized setlists. No complaints. I've seen them live and with plenty of improv, and have all those boots to enjoy hearing. Glad they are still creating, is all I need.

P.s. got to thinking, how many bands have the longevity and creative juices as Underworld? The Rolling Stones and the Who continue to exist, but nothing groundbreaking in forever. Chemical Brothers, Orbital, Prodigy, Moby, Left field, FSOL...early nineties bands that are still kicking out good stuff. But UW (r&k partnership) has them beat by a cool decade.
Look, I love Leftfield, I really do, but they've released 3 proper albums in about 20 years, and two of them are pretty patchy to say the least