View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 05:36 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Drift Episode 3 "HEART"
Quote:
Originally Posted by domsgotsideburns View Post
compare 0:04 of the EP version with 0:04 of the download version - the rhythm in the latter is more pronounced, as if the EP version takes longer to build up. it's very subtle but it's quite noticeable when you hear it
Yup, you're right again. Rick has gone through and altered the drum track. What you're hearing at the beginning is that some elements are actually coming in later. There's a drum hit that starts immediately at 0:04 on the download version, but doesn't come in until 0:35 on the EP version. Additionally, the kick drum drops out at 5:00 on the EP version, but on the download version it continues until 5:31.

There are also some background synth sweep effects that are getting some different placement in the EP version. They kind of remind me of the sweeps in Dogman Go Woof. Anyway, they're used a little less often and in different places than the download version.

Listening to "how far do you want to go?" again, I'm pretty sure it's just some additional reverb effects, and no additional vocal layers. Also, the "Do you want to buy my car?" vocal has been mixed differently, with a mid-range monotone getting more emphasis on the EP.