View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Jan
vision

Re: Tonite's broadcast - London Part 2 Oct 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron5000
Why are some clips permitted and others not? This is absurd. It would seem to me that it would fall into place of past streams that have been linked on this forum many times. One of these times it was a live vid/audio cast from lemonworld, and it was posted with a .cue to be able to split the files into individual tracks. Is it really hard to believe that some other stream that has gone through underworldlive has been asked for?
Sometimes things gets posted and are tolerated by the moderators. If one wants more, then Stimpee refers to RTSR. I agree that this is confusing. And then, things get posted because this is confusing. Stimpee refers to RTSR... and so on.

So the 'rules' are: Some 'teasers' are allowed. For more, visit RTSR. To resolve the confusion I suggest the moderators make a sticky.

I know the situation from when I was a new member. Why was talking about bootlegs not allowed on dirty.org? Instead there was RTSR which was strange and ambiguous because no one really talked about it. And then look at http://rtsr.rowla.com/, it's like 5 years old, lists "snail-mail" with CD-R's as the method to share bootlegs, and no links work anymore. And I hate mailing lists. They are so inconvenient and not-forum-like. I also hate yahoo. I had to make a yahoo account just for RTSR. That sucked.
Once in RTSR the real confusion started: What is the FTP? Where is that tracker everyone talked about? And why does no one use "snail mail" to share bootlegs anymore?
I suggest rebuilding RTSR from scratch as a proper forum and with more up-to-date information for newbies. Or why not make it a non-public dirty subforum 'RTSR' which only members with like 10+ posts have access to? I hope that those points are taken as constructive critisism and not as whining/nagging.

The lemonworld broadcast you are talking about was probably this one. It was posted on underworldlive.com as a direct link.

Maybe the mods can split the bootleg discussion from the rest of the thread and make a new one.
uw#0523