View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 03:18 PM
aaron5000
mouseman

Re: Tonite's broadcast - London Part 2 Oct 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
Come on, you seriously don't espect links to the whole stream here on this public forum!
If Underworld wanted to make the stream available to download they would have made recording a lot easier don't you think? Instead, they used a Quicktime stream that is almost impossible to record. Just because something is streamed freely to the would doesn't mean we can do with it whatever we want! A recording of the official stream is definately a bootleg, even if this might seem contradictory. When you look at Autotrader etc., the link is freely visible in the source code and I don't think UW would have something against downloading those little bits.
It's all about the artist's intent, although we can only guess as UW never stated directly what's okay (however, they tolerate RTSR if I remember correctly).
Does dirty forum need rules? Shouldn't we just use our common sense?
IMO links to one or two songs, Youtube vids etc. are okay, but we have to draw the line somewhere.

BeautifulBurnout: aaron has asked for the whole recordings, not just clips! There is no "over-zealousness" from Stimpee when he says that that's not okay.
Well considering I asked if it was posted anywhere also meant is there a place it has been placed on underworldlive that I had missed. So before anyone starts with the bootleg talk that should be taken into consideration.

Why are some clips permitted and others not? This is absurd. It would seem to me that it would fall into place of past streams that have been linked on this forum many times. One of these times it was a live vid/audio cast from lemonworld, and it was posted with a .cue to be able to split the files into individual tracks. Is it really hard to believe that some other stream that has gone through underworldlive has been asked for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman
because it's getting a little draconian at this point
Agreed.