View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 11:17 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: Coachella '09 -- Erm...
yea ... I'm pretty conflicted about this line-up

you see - when I went last year (my first time) it really was worth all the effort (flying from the midwest to California... dealing with the potential minefield of seeing my [then] girlfriend for a day or two in San Diego, then meeting up with my ex-girlfriend who actually went with me...and so forth) because I finally got to see Portishead, the 'support' line up (or whatever you'd call the people who aren't the headliners) were really varied, and a lot of them I wanted to see...

now this year - sure, it's a plus that it's actually on my birthday, and I probably won't be as busy then

BUUUUT

the line-up just isn't that catching overall

I could give two-shits about Paul McCartney; I hate Morrissey and Amy Winehouse... and I am not a huge fan of either MBV or the Cure

and well... at least last year - there were a lot of bands I didn't know and it was fun catching 'new' bands

this year - it's more like "yea they're ok, but do I want to spend $$$ just to see MSTRKRFT dj?" or "sure I like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs - but are they going to be that great in a large venue?"

know what I mean?

and well - you really can't beat Portishead, Prince, & Kraftwerk