View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Deckard
issue 37

Re: Important Message About Sarah Palin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. And I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence." (it was actually under Ford, a Republican, and of course the implication that any political party caused swine flu is idiotic)
LOL! Oh boy. You see here, it's not just a mistake, a gaffe, it's not just a matter of getting something wrong. It's the cowardice behind the nudge-nudge wink-wink "I just think it's an interesting coincidence, s'all" type stuff. It's wanting desperately to share her poorly-formed view of the world with someone, but realising she mustn't be too overt about it for fear of it disintegrating in the bright light of rational argument. I'm reluctant to bring another female politician into this, I really am, but it brings to mind Hillary Clinton's "He's not a Muslim... as far as I'm aware" remark during the last election. It's intellectual cowardice, plain and simple.