View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 10:02 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Drift Ep. 4, Part 5 - Altitude Dub
Electric chocolate Spacedub oozes along dirt roads at night on the outskirts of Mexico City, where a woman runs a kiosk made from an old truck cab at the gateway to a patch of dirt, and piles of old tyres sleep in the pale light of an all-you-can-eat diner… Altitude Dub rides a groove that glides, snakes, super-quakes along an eight-minute depth charge of a journey that finds Underworld in fully expansive, visionary form with a fusion of digital dub, Japanese freeform noise rock and the fevered intertwining of sax and violin.

“The track was conceived in my hotel room in Toluca, Mexico. It was one of those rare occasions where we had enough space and time, to talk, record and write together. On this particular day our conversation was inspired by a lifelong love of dub, and two talented German guys called Basic Channel who were making dub electronics in the early 90’s.” (Rick)

“The lyric for Altitude Dub came from a period in my life when it felt like I’d reached an impasse, and had to question my thinking as, once again, I set out to navigate the unpredictable seas of relationship mood swings” (Karl)

Altitude Dub features Ichirou Agata from Melt-Banana on electric atmosphere guitar, Lewis Evans from Black Country, New Road on saxophone and Georgia Ellery from Black Country, New Road/Jockstrap on violin.

If you like… River of Bass, Song of Life (Lemon Interupt Mix), Sola Sistim... then Altitude Dub belongs to you.