View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 02:37 AM
Deckard
issue 37

Re: News of the World news...
If there's any truth to the 9/11 allegations, he's toast. While I wouldn't welcome any further heartache on those families, I find myself almost hoping they're true.

Over here, there's been at least one dramatic development a day for the last, what, 12 days - a key arrest, a new revelation, a senior resignation. Yesterday it was the turn of the most senior police officer in the country, "Sir" Paul Stephenson following allegations that seem so implicating, you just have to laugh.

The way this conspiracy appears to have straddled elements of the political establishment, the police and the press is quite unsettling. It's a miracle anything's come out about it at all, given that the three groups investigating the conspiracy are: politicians, police and press! (Three cheers for our left-of-centre politicians Tom Watson and Chris Bryant, and our financially struggling left-of-centre newspaper, The Guardian. The silence of the rest of the press over the last two years - even non-Murdoch titles - has been deafening.)