View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 05:36 AM
unwound floors
power before passion.

Re: 2010-06-13 Winter Sound System - Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Seriously, miki you are very very lucky. John Warwicker is one of the most interesting people i know, i would really like the chance to meet him one day.. i like the interview he did that is on the onyx pearls tomato dvd.

Having said that, im a little suprised that you would think that skyscraper took anything more than 3 days to make.... it is quite random, chopped up and it doesnt look like the kind of thing that was planned and created with a vision... the notes in there seem like things collected over time, underworld talk in the making..

Nevertheless it is a unique masterpiece, and takes pride of place in my collection...
Haha. It's probably because I've tried doing some typographic-type stuff in Photoshop, and never managed to get it looking anywhere near as great. The design's a bit messy, sure, but that's what makes it so compelling - it feels deliberate, like they're trying to emulate the visually-busy nature of the city, and it looks beautiful, not like it was a rush job at all!