View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 04:37 PM
m.g.
teh n00b

Re: 2010-08-27 Rock en Seine, Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanakan View Post
Seems you were at the same show as I did
The truth is that when I've read your post about Zurich festival, I also thought that we were at the same gig. And what you say about festivals is absolutely true... and that's why I normally hate festivals

I also believe that the fixed duration of these shows + short amount of time between the end of Paris show and the beginning of Zurich (with buses and trucks) + the "balance" with old songs/new songs + Karl just coming back from Japan were not helping for long impros and random setlists.

BUT (and knowing all that) seeing Karl's joy and energy, how responsive was the audience to the new songs (audience obviously not being as purist as most of the people in this forum) and Rick's constant smile really "made my day". Having seen them about 20+ times here and there, I was quite surprised about how great the new songs were "live" (even being a bit sceptical at the beginning). I also think (and like) that the new material highlights the fact that, amongst other things, Karl trully is a fantastic singer.

So, besides the festival "conditions", I loved it and I'm just looking forward to seeing them in a 3h++ own show in a proper venue.