View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 02:20 AM
whatmakesustick

Re: Frankenstein the play (Danny Boyle/Underworld)
Well, really enjoyed the play yesterday. I only go to the theatre once or twice a year at most so cant offer a great critique but I can say that the production was amazing - the set changes were very clever and believable. The performance of the two main characters was also great (in fact there are lost of good characters). In the first 10/15 mins it really draws you in and grabs your attention. I wont mention any highlights for me as I dont want to write any spoilers - but I was not familiar with the story and there was some shocking and unpredicatble moments.

As for the Underworld contribution - I would say their music was using relatively sparingly. Dawn Of Eden will turn out to be a recognisable track and there were probably 2/3 other moments that will produce 'recognisable' music (kind of folk tracks). I could have been hearing things, but I'm sure I heard 'walk with me' played on a loop at some point - maybe the same sample with less distortion as used in one of the river run series (cant remember which). There was some acoustic guitar and I vividly remember hearing some singing thinking it was karls voice through a vocoder. And, I think Small Conker was played right at the beginning.

Trying to be indipendent (which is not easy) - I think the music worked really well with the play

There was a couple of barking type shirts for sale (black/white t-shirts with the letters on different lines) - one saying Frankenstein and I think the other was 'boom boom heartbeat'. The Barking box was also for sale.

Can't wait to see what they put together for the soundtrack and how it work without the visuals.

Last edited by whatmakesustick; 03-07-2011 at 12:33 AM.