Thread: United 93
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 12:50 PM
cured
sikk

Re: United 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Proof
I guess its a personal thing, really. Me personally, I still have very strong and deep emotions about that day, what happened and how it flipped the world upside-down for me. There's a huge difference between making a documentary, and making a drama, especially when we have virtually no knowledge of what was said or took place on that flight. And since you can't objectively report on the chronological events in their entirety, you're forced to fill in, which leads to the movie ceasing to be a documentary and a reporting of facts, and you turn it into a drama, a popcorn-fest... not cool.
I agree with Future. The effects from that day still aren't passed yet...we're still hunting the people responsible for that tragedy. A made-for-TV movie would be one thing, but to ask people to go pay cash and be entertained with a movie with subject matter a little too sensitive to see it given a fuck-off Hollywood treatment isn't my thing. I'd watch a documentary any day over a dramatized hold-your-hankey "popcorn" movie, which is not what I'm saying the movie is, but the idea of a movie based on 9/11 is.