View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 07:13 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: going broke on barking
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony View Post
i went through underworldlive, added it to cart and was directed to paypal. which gave me a total with shipping in pounds. i did a currency conversion and it came out to around $80. there's nothing on UWlive about being able to get it elsewhere for $52 with shipping.
Obviously, I/we have no control over what appears on uwlive.com. But the ordering information has been posted several times on this forum and the Born Dirty news feed in an effort to get the information out. I don't know what more we can do.

Quote:
okay, mister defensive.
Yes, well, I spend a lot of time researching this information and updating it, and making sure it's accurate, and trying to disseminate it. So I hope you'll understand if I get a bit miffed when someone starts a new thread with inaccurate information which is then repeated ($40?!!) several times in the thread by other people.

Quote:
"upset" is a bit of a stretch.
Yes, yours didn't come off as very upset, but several others that piled on in the thread did. It was a general "you," not necessarily you specifically.

Quote:
and no, i didn't see the thread up there because this forum has a BILLION GODDAMNED STICKIED THREADS up there. UEX note: when everything is important, nothing is important.
Yes, I am aware of this concept. I don't think 6 out of 26 topics on the front page is that unreasonable or excessive. Believe it or not, we try to keep the stickies relevant and manageable. Scribble threads were on there earlier this year, and those are both gone now. Last year, there were Downpipe and William's Last Words threads stickied, and they were removed as they aged. ALAF will probably go in a few weeks, and the Barking threads will eventually as well.