View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 08:24 PM
iamneorev
pants

Re: The Prodigy announce new single/new album
Yeah, Push The Button didn't do it for me. It's definitely on the bottom of the Chemical Brothers album list. I did like We Are The Night though, thought it was a step up and more enjoyable than PTB. Further was the closest I heard them get to their classic Big 3 sound and quite enjoyed it. They should have included Don't Think on the album and I could have done without Escape Velocity or if it was much later in the album. Born In The Echoes has a few solid tracks (EML Ritual, Under Neon Lights, Reflexion), but the rest were a bit meh. I like more tracks on BITE than PTB, so I guess BITE takes second to last place.

As for Prodigy fans, it's 50/50. You got folks who only like their first 3 albums and that's it and you got others who still love what they do. They made a ton of new fans with Invaders Must Die who are still around. They're actually doing quite well. Honestly, going back to their earlier albums, they always lose some old fans and gain new ones with each new album. I don't think The Prodigy care about breaking new ground or inventing a new genre, they just wanna do what they do best, have fun traveling, and playing loud/hard tracks that hit live.

Leftfield's third album Alternative Light Source was a bit underwhelming. Then again, it is really only one half of Leftfield now. Hard to top Leftism and Rhythm And Stealth. Leftism gets all the praise, but R&S is my jam.

I miss Fluke. I fucking love Risotto. Oto is also good. But man, for me, Risotto is a masterpiece. I wish they would reunite.

I thought Underworld lost something when Darren Emerson left. I will say Barbara Barbara is a step up from Barking. Twenty Three Blue should have been on the album. I did enjoy the Riverrun series and hope they reissue stuff from that era like they have been doing for each album.

Last edited by iamneorev; 08-29-2018 at 10:40 AM.