View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 05:39 PM
m.g.
teh n00b

Re: 2010-08-27 Rock en Seine, Paris
Was there. And I enjoyed it a lot.

Typical festival format (having to start at 11:15pm and obliged to finish at 0:30am) so it can't never be (and it's not the point in this kind of "exercise") like, say... Den Atelier 2005 or Cocoon 2006 (for those who can see what I mean ).

First time I heard the new songs live and I found very interesting to "see" what they became after knowing how they were (as it'll be great to see how they'll transform them later). And they were working very well to me.

Even just arriving from Japan (7 hours of jet-lag and about 30°C less) Karl was amazing as always. And I have to say that I always feel very happy to see Rick smiling and singing.

Just not exactly the 2005-2008 Underworld, not yet "the" Underworld they'll be in 2-3 years, but still very and undoubtedly Underworld.

I'll have no free time by the end of the year to be at their "proper" gigs and I'm already envying a lot the ones who'll be lucky enough to be around

It was just as great, uplifiting and different as the... erm... quite numerous times I've seen UW live. And I wish them all the very best and maximum success for Barking.

VoilÃ*

ps : I loved the new lights (specially the LED ones) and I've never heard before this ending they played on KoS