View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 02:39 PM
surfboy
surfboy

Re: While we wait for Drift Series 2...
Sorry, am back from the dead. Can't promise I'll be around regularly but will check this from time to time (studies are crazy lately)! Thanks for your responses everyone, it's been really interesting reading your opinions. I've not listened to drift much since I bought the boxset and devoured it for a few weeks on repeat. Will likely be diving back in as there's just so much content for one year's worth of output, it really is incredible.

I like what someone said about "Moth at the door". At first I misread it as "Holding the Moth", which I HATED the first few times I listened but now it's one of my faves from that era and in my regular rotation. But yeah "Moth at the door" I'm not a fan of haha. I think there's a few other tracks for me that are the "slam the skip button" like "Poet Cat", "Hundred Weight Hammer", and "Molehill" for me.

I'm in agreement about "Schiphol Test". I think it may have been the first Drift song I heard from the project and although it took me a while to warm to this stuff (I was a new UW fan at the time and expecting something along the lines of Dubno or STITI) but have to say I love the new direction they're going in lately. I love these ones that unfurl over the course of the song like "Universe of can when back" and "Tree and Two Chairs". I could happily listen to a full 40 minute jam of Tree + Two chairs...